Sunday, May 13, 2012

Friday Finds - Ankle Socks - Style side

The Story
Recently
Friday Finds - Ankle Socks - Style side
May 13th 2012, 08:00

OK I am a bit slow on the up take as usual but I have only just discovered the online sock store Tabio. Since discovering I have spent quite a significant amount of time pondering which socks to buy as a little treat. Eventually I settled on a pair of ankle socks and two pairs of knee socks. Unfortunately the knee socks in beige nylon with polka dots and a floral pattern were a big error of judgement. I am sure they would look great on someone with legs of the twig variety but my legs are far more of the tree trunk variety. The ankle socks however were a delight and I fear have started a new addiction that may far exceed last years tights addiction.

I will be wearing my socks with wedge sandals (as seen on the catwalk) as part of my outfit for Vintage at Goodwood on the weekend. Not exactly vintage, I know, but I like to mix it up a bit instead of wearing vintage top to toe and socks are such a brilliant way to update a vintage outfit or just something from last year. They have the added bonus of stopping my shoes from rubbing and are a great look that even me with my tree trunks can get away with when worn with a midlength a line skirt (or I think so anyway).

So for those even slower on the uptake than me, here are my favourite socks:

ankle socks Sheer Ribbon Striped Socks

ankle socks

Sheer Dot Socks

Have a great weekend. If you are going to Vintage, I might see you there.

Ceri X

Read more about the ankle socks trend on TFB

This entry was posted on at 1:00 AM and is filed under ankle socks. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions